These loans were developed specifically to assist JABSOM students during their tenure at the medical school. JABSOM serves as the lender for these loans.
Types of Institutional Loans:
- The application for this loan is made available during the Fall and Spring semester.
- Applications are reviewed by the JABSOM Financial Aid/Scholarship Committee during their bi-annual meetings.
- Award amounts may be requested up to a maximum of $1,500 for a semester and an aggregate of $3,000 during your tenure at JABSOM.
- There are no loan fees or pre-payment penalties.
- No interest is accrued on this loan unless the borrower does not meet the terms of repayment.
- Complete the Loan Application and Terms & Conditions Form by the deadline.
- Include applicable supporting documentation along with the application.
- Submit all documents to the Office of Student Affairs or by email to email@example.com
- You will be notified by email regarding the decision of your application.
- Once the application is approved by the committee, additional documentation (e.g. SSN, Passport, etc.) will be requested to process the loan.
- The student will be notified when the loan is ready for pick up.
- Prior to receiving the loan, a Promissory Note must be signed by the student.
- *Please note that due to COVID-19, electronic signatures are acceptable
- The process may take approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Notification to schedule a loan exit interview with the JABSOM Scholarship Director & Financial Aid Counselor will be sent a few months prior to graduation.
- Repayment can be made by check or credit card and will be processed by UH Foundation.
- Contact the JABSOM Scholarship Director & Financial Aid Counselor to discuss your situation.
- An application will be issued to the student and additional documentation may be requested.
- Submit the completed application and requested supporting documentation to the JABSOM Scholarship Director & Financial Aid Counselor as soon as possible.
- The student will be notified of the loan status within 2-3 days after receiving the completed application.
- For Approved Loan Requests – The student will be scheduled to stop by the Office of Student Affairs to sign the Promissory Note and obtain a check for the loan amount.
- Full repayment is due approximately 90-days from the date the loan is issued to the borrower.
- Repayment can be made by personal check, Cashier’s check or money order.